This year has been an especially trying time for LGBTQ youth across the country. With the over 330 anti-LGBTQ bills proposed this year, to increasing rates of anti-LGBTQ violence, to rapidly increasing rates of LGBTQ youth self-harm, LGBTQ youth are in dire need of help, now more than ever.
Historically, LGBTQ students face increased rates of harassment, assault, homelessness, substance abuse, and suicide, to name a few. However, by providing a safe and supportive environment for LGBTQ students, these disparities are all but nonexistent (American Psychological Association). This pride month, join us in our efforts to address these alarming and substantial disparities through education, support, and advocacy.
The Youth Pride Association (YPA) works to promote and foster the acceptance of LGBTQ students in educational institutions. YPA offers several no-cost programs to accomplish this mission, ranging from programs providing direct support to LGBTQ students, to programs working to educate entire schools on LGBTQ acceptance, to programs advising school policymakers on LGBTQ inclusive and equitable policies.
- 101 pride flags distributed for the Acceptance Week program (70 still in classrooms)
- 15 multi-use restrooms converted in schools to all-gender restrooms as part of the Model School Policy Initiative
- 2,131 students directly served through the Acceptance Week program
- Over 30 states served through the Virtual Support Group program
- Countless volunteers committed to providing no-cost program services
Further, YPA maintains an over 95% program expense ratio. Fundraise with confidence, knowing that over 95% of a donation goes directly towards programs that serve LGBTQ students.
How can I help?
By hosting a charity stream through Streamlabs in benefit of the Youth Pride Association this pride month, you will be directly supporting our work to address the disparities LGBTQ students face in schools.
A charity stream fundraiser that raises…
- $250 can certify 10 peer advocates to provide direct mentorship to LGBTQ students
- $500 can provide 20 LGBTQ students with access to a no-cost support group
- $1000 can fully fund the Acceptance Week program for one high school.
• • •
- Learn more about the Youth Pride Association
- Start fundraising for the Youth Pride Association using Streamlabs Charity
- Download the free Overlays for Streamlabs Desktop
- Install the matching Charity Alerts in Streamlabs Desktop
- Grab the Alerts for use in other broadcasting software