Using Streamlabs with Consoles (PS4/Xbox)
To set-up online streaming via Twitch, Mixer, YouTube or any of our other supported platforms from your Xbox, Playstation, Switch or other console you have a few options.
To set-up online streaming via Twitch, Mixer, YouTube or any of our other supported platforms from your Xbox, Playstation, Switch or other console you...
- Use an app available on the console to stream directly to the streaming platform (eg Twitch).
- Connect your console to a PC with a capture card or other capture device. You can use Streamlabs OBS to seamlessly setup overlays and widgets for a professional looking stream in minutes.
Using Native Gaming Apps on Console
- Easy to set-up
- Cost effective
- Limited customization and inability to display alerts or overlays on stream.
Playstation 4 and Xbox Set-up-
- You can use the native "share" feature on PS4 to stream directly to one of the supported streaming platforms.
- On Xbox you can use one of the available apps (eg Twitch app) to stream directly to the streaming platform.
- You cannot use Streamlabs alerts or overlays on stream when you stream directly from your console, however you can utilize Streamlabs recent events to monitor incoming events and thank your viewers.
Connecting to a PC capture card or capture device
- Improved stream quality
- Ability to add custom overlays & widgets to your stream
- Utilize extensive broadcasting software, tools & features
Capture Card & Device set-up –
(Note: The most popular capture options Elgato Game Capture HD60 PRO Elgato Game Capture HD60s and Avermedia Portable Capture Device)
- Each device provides relative installation instructions. The Capture card may be installed directly onto your PC motherboard or connected to your computer using a USB cable. The Capture Device will be connected from your console to your PC and TV/Monitor via HDMI cables.
- Note: Older capture devices may have slight audio delays, so check the details on the capture device you have purchased. Capture devices installed directly to you motherboard via PCIe do not typically have any audio delay.
- Once connected you can then use Streamlabs OBS or a similar streaming software to add a source for your video capture device and configure the rest of your stream with overlays and widgets.
- Keep in mind that you may also need some additional equipment such as a USB microphone or audio mixer.
Get Streamlabs OBS — go live in minutes!