- Use a service like Streamlabs Console to stream from your Xbox directly to Twitch with overlays, widgets, a webcam, etc.
- Use an app available on the console to stream directly to the streaming platform (overlays and widgets are minimum - usually just a webcam).
- Connect your console to a PC with a capture card or other capture device. You can use Streamlabs Desktop to seamlessly setup overlays and widgets for a professional looking stream in minutes.
- Quick and easy to set-up
- Full customization and alerts
- Encourages donations, subs, and bits with alerts and recent events
Streamlabs Console is a web-based broadcasting studio for console streamers. Streamlabs Console combines live stream alerts, chat, recent events, and stream overlays into a single solution so that console players can transform their gameplay into an engaging live stream. Currently, Streamlabs Console is available exclusively for Twitch streamers on Xbox. Visit our guide to learn how to start Streamlabs Console.
Using Native Gaming Apps on Console
- Easy to set-up
- Cost effective
- Limited customization and inability to display alerts or overlays on stream.
Playstation 4 and Xbox Set-up
- You can use the native "share" feature on PS4 to stream directly to one of the supported streaming platforms.
- On Xbox you can use the broadcasting feature to stream directly to the streaming platform.
- You cannot use Streamlabs alerts or overlays on stream when you stream directly from your console unless you are using Streamlabs Console (more info below). However, you can utilize Streamlabs recent events to monitor incoming events and thank your viewers no matter what.
Connecting to a PC Capture Card or Capture Device
- Improved stream quality
- Ability to add custom overlays & widgets to your stream
- Utilize extensive broadcasting software, tools & features
Capture Card & Device set-up –
(Note: The most popular capture options Elgato Game Capture HD60 PRO Elgato Game Capture HD60s and Avermedia Portable Capture Device)
- Each device provides relative installation instructions. The Capture card may be installed directly onto your PC motherboard or connected to your computer using a USB cable. The Capture Device will be connected from your console to your PC and TV/Monitor via HDMI cables.
- Note: Older capture devices may have slight audio delays, so check the details on the capture device you have purchased. Capture devices installed directly to you motherboard via PCIe do not typically have any audio delay.
- Once connected you can then use Streamlabs Desktop or a similar streaming software to add a source for your video capture device and configure the rest of your stream with overlays and widgets.
- Keep in mind that you may also need some additional equipment such as a USB microphone or audio mixer.