Live streaming is a popular way for enthusiasts and professionals to stream their gameplay through interactive platforms like Twitch, YouTube, and Facebook that connects friends and fans over a shared love for games. While streaming from computers and gaming consoles will ensure higher image quality during broadcasts, this shouldn’t stop you from streaming mobile games. Mobile streaming enables you to share live gameplay videos on popular platforms directly from your iPhone, iPad, or Android device.
So how do you live stream your gameplay on mobile? There are two different ways you can broadcast mobile games on streaming platforms. You can either install an app that is compatible with the operating system on the mobile device you’re using, or you can install computer software that lets you broadcast the screen of your mobile device to your computer’s display.
To dive right in, you can download the Streamlabs Mobile app here.
Mobile Streaming Equipment
What do you need to stream mobile games? It depends!
If you decide to broadcast your mobile streaming video through a computer, you’ll need a microphone, webcam, live streaming software and the necessary software that enables you to connect your smartphone or tablet to a computer.
When you live stream your gameplay from a mobile device directly, it’s a lot simpler. Besides having an account on the streaming platform you plan to broadcast to (Twitch, YouTube, etc), all you need is to have the mobile video game and a live streaming app installed.
Let’s walk you through the actual steps on how to stream mobile games.
How to Stream Mobile Games With Streamlabs Mobile App
The easiest way to stream mobile games is to install an app. While there are numerous options available for iPhones and Android phones, including native platform apps like Twitch, we recommend using Streamlabs to stream from your mobile device directly to your desired social networks. In the following section, we’ll walk you through how to stream mobile games with the Streamlabs Mobile App.
Step 1: Download Streamlabs for your mobile device. The Streamlabs Mobile App is available for Android here and iOS here.
Step 2: Open the app and log in with your credentials.
Step 3: Choose what you plan on using Streamlabs for. To live stream your gameplay or other content from your phone, click ‘Stream your games.’ You can also live stream IRL by selecting the ‘Stream yourself’ option. Complete the following steps to ensure your phone can capture your screen.
Step 4: Customize your stream using the Editor Mode which allows you to add widgets, overlay themes, custom images and more. For an in-depth tutorial for using Editor Mode, check out this blog post.
Step 5: When you are ready to start broadcasting your gameplay, click on the ‘Go Live’ button, choose the platform you want to broadcast to, and enter in a title and description of your stream.
That’s it! You’re ready to stream your mobile games.
Tips & Tricks
- Close all open apps other than your game and Streamlabs: This will make sure that your device is running as fast as possible and will reduce potential lags or crashes from happening while you’re streaming.
- Stream from WiFi: For best performance (plus reduce any potentially unexpected data charges!) make sure you are connected to WiFi and stream only from WiFi.
- Remove headphones: Keep bluetooth and wired speakers disconnected to properly capture all game sounds and voice for your live stream.
- Keep the microphone clear: Since your audio is captured through your microphone make sure your hand isn’t covering it.
- Turn off notifications & protect your privacy: Put your phone in Do Not Disturb mode to prevent notifications from appearing. Everything you see on your screen will be broadcasted. Be careful when changing apps and opening windows on your mobile screen.
- Stay unlocked while live: If your device locks, the stream will end.
If you have any questions or comments, please let us know. Remember to follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.