If you grew your YouTube channel and looking for extra ways to scale (assuming you already use donations and alerts we have), you may've heard of Super Chat - one of the ways to monetize your channel through the YouTube Partner Program.
This feature lets your viewers purchase chat messages that stand out and sometimes pin them to the top of a chat feed. In order to be eligible for the feature, you should gain at least 1000 followers, 4000 watch hours for the last 12 months, create public streams and live in a country where this feature is available - learn more here.
Let's say you enabled it on YouTube. How would you know if someone sent you a super chat message in Talk Studio studio? We are thrilled to announce that you will be able to see these messages highlighted accordingly in Talk Studio studio too. Let's walk through the setup steps all together to make sure it's displayed correctly.
Steps to take:
- Log in to YouTube.com
- Click on your profile’s icon at the top-right and select Your channel
- Click over to Channel > Monetization. If you're eligible, it will show you options on screen.
- Click on Supers in order to enable it
- Enter your information asked in the Commerce Product Addendum agreement (this is more like the ‘Terms of Agreement’ page) and check the box that confirms that you have read the ‘Terms of Agreement’
- Once you click on I Accept, a message will float to the top of the screen saying that you have successfully enabled SuperChat on that channel.
Now as you enabled the feature, you want to make sure it's displayed properly. This is an important part to remember so you can actually start receiving Super Chats.
Every time you start or schedule a livestream, go to your YouTube Studio, click on Content > Live - from there you should be able to turn the monetization on. Once done, your audience will be able to send you SuperChats right away.
Your SuperChat messages will be highlighted accordingly in your Talk Studio when you receive them from YouTube and if you'd like to highlight them on screen.
As always, if you have any further questions don't hesitate to send them our way at [email protected]. Happy streaming!
-The Talk Studio team