Abortion Care Network (ACN) is the fiercest champion for independent abortion clinics across the nation. Much like your local pediatrician or dentist, an independent abortion clinic is a single or small group of clinics that are community-based. These clinics are often located in small towns, rural areas, and politically hostile states, and in some cases are the only remaining abortion clinic in their state or area.
Collectively, these community-based clinics provide the majority of abortion care in the United States – with 3 out of every 5 abortions in the U.S. performed at an independent clinic. Without independent abortion care providers, patients who have the most barriers to accessing abortion care would often have no options at all. Independent clinics are crucial to ensuring patients can access the care they need and deserve today and into the future, which is why ACN plays a leading role in supporting the sustainability of these community-based clinics and the wellbeing of their staff.
The overturn of Roe v. Wade is having a devastating impact on independent abortion clinics and the accessibility of abortion care. Your support of Abortion Care Network will help change that.
In addition to the essential care they provide, independent clinics are also constantly defending reproductive rights in the courts and in communities to ensure that services are legally and practically available to people who need them. Unfortunately, independent providers are also the most vulnerable to anti-abortion attacks and legislation intended to close clinic doors or push abortion out of reach. Independent providers and clinics are nimble, bold, and responsive to the needs of their communities; however, these clinics are closing at an alarming rate – decreasing by 32% in the last decade even before the overturn of Roe v. Wade, and pushing abortion care further out of reach. Ensuring the sustainability of independent clinics is one of the most critical health care issues we are facing as a country.
Despite independent providers essential role in providing and protecting abortion care throughout American history, most people don’t even know these clinics exist. These clinics lack the institutional support, visibility, name recognition, or fundraising capacity of national health centers, nonprofits, and hospitals, making it especially difficult for them to secure the resources needed to keep
their doors open. You can help change that! When you host a charity stream through Streamlabs to benefit Abortion Care Network, you help support independent clinics by:
- Supporting the resilience and sustainability of independent clinics and their staff: In partnership with volunteer therapists, social workers, and other healing practitioners, ACN offers tools and programming to preserve and promote mental health and wellness of all clinic staff.
- Offering Technical Assistance: ACN provides individualized clinic support to our members on issues relating to scenario planning, operations, communications, staff development, equitable workplace cultures, fundraising and more.
- Offering training, professional and leadership development for a future pipeline of expert abortion care providers and professionals. Training is offered in person, onsite, online and in ongoing virtual groups.
- Increasing Indie visibility in the public conversation. Elevating and amplifying the voices of independent provider from diverse backgrounds in the press, on social media and
in public campaigns helps keep clinics open, shift abortion stigma and helps providers more effectively reach people who need abortion care.
- Building connections between independent providers with one another and movement
allies. ACN acts as a connector across clinics, physician’s offices, hospitals, lawyers, abortion funds, policy advocates and other allies to create space to dream and build.
- Learn more about the Abortion Care Network
- Start fundraising for the Abortion Care Network using Streamlabs Charity
- Download the free Overlays for Streamlabs Desktop
- Install the matching Charity Alerts in Streamlabs Desktop
- Grab the Alerts for use in other broadcasting software