Simulcasting is the ability to broadcast content to multiple platforms at the same time. Simulcasts were originally transmitted from the same feed as radio broadcasts (hence the name), but are now used to describe any simultaneous video and audio content transmission.
The most common type of simulcasting is when a live event, such as a sports game or concert, is broadcast on multiple stations and platforms at the same time. But how does this relate to live streaming?
Today, live streaming is one of the most popular types of simulcasting. When you live stream, you’re essentially sending a copy of your feed to other platforms, such as YouTube or Facebook, so viewers can watch it there as well. Because people are watching from multiple channels at the same time, you’ll be able to interact with your viewers on every platform.
Simulcasting is also known as multistreaming in the live streaming industry. When you simulcast to multiple platforms at the same time, you increase your chances of reaching a larger audience. Simulcasting is a great feature to use if you are a brand, business, podcaster, or anyone else thinking about live streaming. But is it right for your business?
This article will explain what simulcasting is, when it may be useful, and how it works before answering that question, with a summary of key points! Let’s get started.
What is Simulcasting?
Simply put, simulcasting, or multistreaming as it’s referred to in the live streaming industry, means broadcasting your content on more than one platform simultaneously. This increases a brand’s chances of reaching a larger audience and can be something very beneficial for businesses looking into live streaming.
Many brands and businesses use multistreaming for more exposure which may result in increased traffic to their website or social media pages. Businesses may choose to simulcast a live event such as an interview, concert, or new product launch. This will allow the company to reach its target market and generate new customers through social media engagement.
What are the benefits of Simulcasting?
Simulcasting provides businesses with a number of advantages, including the ability to reach new audiences and increase engagement with existing ones. It also serves as a form of protection against technical issues. If your stream encounters technical difficulties on one platform, you have a backup and can easily redirect our viewers to another. Here is our list of some of the major benefits of simulcasting.
- Expand Your Reach. The ability to broaden your reach and broadcast to as many viewers as possible is the most significant advantage of Multistreaming. If you’re a new streamer or just getting started, there’s no better time to jump in and start growing your audience.
- It allows you to engage with the community more easily. Platforms with multistream functionality, such as Streamlabs Desktop and Talk Studio, make it simple to chat with all of your viewers at the same time. Both platforms combine chat from all platforms into a single window, allowing you to easily read and interact with everyone, whether they are watching on Twitch, YouTube, Facebook, or any other platform.
- Each platform has its advantages. Utilize all of the advantages that Twitch, YouTube Gaming, and Facebook Gaming have to offer. Each platform has analytics and metrics that you can use to your advantage. Examine engagement across multiple platforms to see if any is more popular, and then zero in on the ones that have the greatest impact on your content.
- Save Time. Streaming to multiple platforms can help you save time. YouTube, for example, will automatically upload your live-streamed content as a video for your viewers to watch later. This will save you time because you won’t have to constantly download and re-upload your content.
How to Start Simulcasting With Talk Studio
Talk Studio is a browser-based live streaming studio. Streamers can create a professional broadcast and go live to their favorite platforms with just five clicks. There is no complicated setup, nothing to install, and you and your guests don’t even need to make an account. Just login with your Google or Facebook account and you are live.
Simulcasting with Talk Studio is simple:
Log in to Talk Studio with any account and make sure you enabled access to the microphone and camera. Multistreaming is part of our PRO plan, along with multiple other benefits like customization options, higher quality streams, unlimited streaming, and more.
Connect the platforms that you want to stream to. You can do this in Settings (top right corner). If you need to connect a different account to a platform, simply click x and reconnect.
- Click “Go Live” and select all the platforms where you want to stream. They will be highlighted once selected.
- Finally, click next, enter the title and description of your stream, and you are read to simulcast.