Scheduling your live stream gives you ample time to plan ahead and allows you to let your viewers know when and where you’ll be streaming from. Below we'll cover:
- Social Platforms Supported
- Scheduling Your Stream
- Scheduling Parameters
- Starting Your Scheduled Stream
- Deleting Your Scheduled Stream
Social Platforms Supported
(*Custom RTMPs may not be supported due to the nature of the connection.)
Scheduling Your Stream
1. Click the Schedule button (Shift+J) then click + Schedule.
2. Select the social destination(s) you would like to schedule to.
3. Select between a Live-stream or Pre-recorded video.
*Prerecorded File Limit: 1-hour (Standard) or 2-hour (Pro) max duration. (5gb max file size)
4. Enter the scheduled stream title, description, date & time (50-day limit), and thumbnail.
5. You will receive a notification to confirm you have successfully scheduled your event.
(*Pro Tip: Do not delete your destinations or edit your scheduled stream afterward. Instead, please delete it and create a new one.)
- Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn will create an event link.
- Twitter and Twitch will not create an event link since they are both channel-based. Please make note that your scheduled stream has been properly set up.
Schedule your stream 50 days in advance.
- 10 Facebook destinations per scheduled stream will be accepted only
- 10 LinkedIn streams within a 24-hour time cycle will be allowed only
Scheduled Stream Start time - Please start your scheduled stream 15 minutes minimum before the scheduled time. (Facebook and/or LinkedIn)
How To Add Events To Your Public Facebook Feed
Facebook will not display upcoming events from your main feed by default. After creating your scheduled stream on Talk Studio, please:
1. Visit your Facebook Event and click Share > Share to Feed.
*Pro Tip: To change privacy settings for a Facebook Profile, please visit your Business Integrations page and click View and edit next to our ‘Talk Studio (Streaming)’ App.
Start Your Scheduled Stream
If you have invited guests that will join your scheduled stream, please send them an invite after you have pressed the Enter Studio button:
1. Click Schedule (Shift+J) then click the Enter Studio button.
2. Your scheduled stream details will be displayed as a preview. Close the preview by pressing Got it.
3. At this point, you may invite your guests to join. When you are ready to live stream, press Go Live. (Shift+Enter)
4. If for any reason you are not ready to start, press the Schedule button again to Leave Studio.
Delete Your Scheduled Stream
1. Press the Schedule button then click the 3-dots at the top corner of your scheduled stream for the option to Delete.
2. Toggle on the option to delete the created event as well as on the streaming platform/social destination.
We would love to hear from you! Send a message to our team at [email protected]. Happy streaming!
- The Talk Studio Team