We understand that when it comes to operating a Streamlabs-powered storefront and selling merchandise, you may encounter various questions or concerns. That's why we've created this blog post, specifically tailored to address your frequently asked questions. From navigating the refunds to understanding copyright-related concerns, we've got you covered.
P.S. You can share this FAQ guide with your customers that has answers tailored to their needs and inquiries.
Table of Contents
- Refunds and Cancellations
- Shipping, Packaging, Fulfillment and Import Duties
- Copyright, Pricing, Payouts and Taxes
Refunds and Cancellations
What Is the Return/Refund Policy?
- Any claim for misprinted/damaged/defective/undelivered items must be submitted within 4 weeks after the product has been received.
- Customers will receive an email with shipping information when their package has shipped. They should also check their spam folder if experiencing difficulties finding this email.
- We do not replace packages marked as delivered. Customers should reach out to us within 4 weeks of the delivery date if the package is lost in transit or not tracking.
- Refunds will only be granted for damaged, defective, or undelivered claim types submitted within the 4 week time window. Customers must submit claims as soon as possible to avoid missing the claim window.
- Customers can check the status of orders or cancel with the link provided in the order confirmation email (double check the spam folder).
- If a customer cannot find the email, please direct them to submit a ticket with their first and last name, email used on the order, and/or order number so that we can check the status.
- We do not provide exchanges or refunds due to sizing issues as all of the products are custom-made-to-order. For information on sizing, please check out this merch sizing guide.
Can Customers Cancel Merch Orders?
Customers will receive a confirmation email after completing their order. The confirmation email will provide a link that provides order information as well as the option to cancel an order. Cancellations can only be made before an order reaches the fulfillment stage. Fulfillment usually takes 12-24 hours after an order is placed but can sometimes be faster or longer. Direct customers to check their spam folder and verify that they’re checking the correct email address if they do not see the order confirmation.
Using the Order Status link is where an order can be canceled in addition to checking the order status, and locating the order information.
Note: If customers are experiencing issues with canceling an order using our automated cancellation button, please have them make sure they don’t have pop-ups blocked in their web browser. If they still are not able to cancel the order please have them reach out to support as soon as possible by submitting a ticket.
Shipping, Packaging, Fulfillment and Import Duties
Customer’s Package Wasn’t Delivered
- We will cover courier errors including lost or damaged in transit, postage due errors or generally misrouted packages when tracking provides no clear details or cause.
- In most instances, it is found that the delivery was made, but left at the local post office. Customers should reach out to their local post first to locate the package. Should the package not be at the post office, customers should reach out to the courier and inquire if any additional details were left by the delivery person - e.g. "left under a table on the back porch."
- If the package is lost or damaged in transit, customers can submit a ticket with the title “Lost (Order #)” so we can place a new manual order to have it re-shipped.
- Streamlabs will not cover the cost of the replacement if the item was marked as delivered. Customers should reach out to the courier to file a claim for the delivered items weren’t received
What Happens If the Customer’s Address Was Incorrect?
- Please have the customer reach out to our support team by submitting a ticket as soon as possible if they have entered the incorrect address. If the error was caught before the item was shipped, we may be able to assist with changing the address.
- It is the customer's full responsibility to correctly input the correct information. In the event that they entered the wrong address and the order has already been fulfilled, then they will have to wait for the order to make its way back to our fulfillment centers in order for a re-shipment to be placed. In order for a re-shipment to be placed, the customer will need to send in a small re-shipment fee via Paypal and confirm their updated address.
- We cannot guarantee that all orders will arrive back to our fulfillment centers. Should they become lost in transit along the way it is the customer's full responsibility to place a new order due to the incorrect address submission.
- Since carriers calculate live shipping rates mainly by the zip code entered, an incorrectly formatted address could be entered and the package can still ship from our facility.
In some scenarios, the local post can still make the delivery depending on the error that was made in entering the recipient's address. If they cannot deliver the package, it will be returned to our HQ. We will then notify the customer once this has taken place to take the necessary steps for a re-shipment. Within four weeks, they will need to confirm the updated and correct address and confirm the charges for reshipping the package.
Will Items Ship Together?
- In some cases, items in an order may be packed and shipped separately. Shipping options and costs are dependent on the shipping address and the specific items in the order. Some items may be required to ship internationally or separately from other items in an order depending on the availability and dimensions of the item(s) you are ordering.
Where Do Products Ship From?
There are shipping and fulfillment centers worldwide, but some items may only be sourced in specific regions. The largest fulfillment centers are located in the US, Canada, Mexico, Latvia, Spain, England, Brazil, Japan, and Australia. The specific fulfillment center will be selected based on inventory levels and delivery location.
Is Shipping Available for All Countries?
The list of countries to which we do not currently offer shipping may be subject to change due to global events. As of now, we are unable to ship to the following destinations:
- Crimea, Luhansk, and Donetsk regions in Ukraine
- North Korea
Can Customers Use a PO Box as Their Address?
We do not recommend using a PO box due to limitations of some carriers to deliver to a PO box. We recommend using a physical address to ensure successful delivery items. However, we do ship to APO’s (for the American Armed Forces). Otherwise we recommend using a physical address to ensure successful delivery of your items.
Are There Additional Fees for Items Shipped Internationally?
Items shipped internationally may include additional fees like customs, VAT, and other clearance fees that the post office charges upon receiving the ordered items. These fees are the sole responsibility of the customer and will not be reimbursed by Streamlabs. Depending on availability, some apparel items may be shipped from the United States or the EU without our knowledge. Our fulfillment partners reserve the right to do so to fulfill orders in a reasonable amount of time.
- VAT (Value Added Tax) is charged to all orders fulfilled in Europe, with shipping destinations in the EU.
- VAT is calculated as (product cost + shipping) * Country’s VAT%.
- Orders going to Australia now have to have a 10% GST (Goods and Services Tax) imposed by the Australian government.
- As of February 2022, a consumption tax will be added to orders fulfilled in Japan but delivered outside of Japan.
- When shipping items outside the United States, customs fees may apply based on the country of destination. The exact fee can vary depending on factors such as the value of your order, country-specific limits, and other considerations related to the product. It is the customer's responsibility to cover these fees, which are paid directly to the relevant customs agency by the customer.
How Are Products Packaged for Shipment?
Because of the variety of products we fulfill, we package each item based on dimension requirements to ensure protection during shipment. Generally, posters are shipped in kraft tube boxes with plastic end caps. Frames and canvases are usually shipped in corrugated boxes, ranging in dimensions from 26 x 20 x18 to 28 x5.5 x38.
How Long Will It Take for Orders to Be Fulfilled?
We take about 2–7 business days to create custom apparel products (t-shirts etc.) and 2–5 business days for non-apparel (posters etc.) products. We take between 10–20 days to create and deliver an order for international orders. Once the order is fulfilled, customers should receive a tracking number via email.
Customers can check the status of their order by checking the link in the order confirmation email that they receive. Customers should include the order number when they email us about the status of their merch order.
Copyright, Pricing, Payouts and Taxes
What Is Your Print File Content Policy?
We require that submitted content is respectful of others and of the law, so keep that in mind before you hit the launch button on your store. Content that is hateful, illegal, and that violates intellectual property rights may be reviewed and removed at any time.
Note that by using our services, you agree to follow our guidelines and Terms of Service. By uploading print files to your library or an order, you agree that you are solely responsible for the content in those print files and that you own the rights to print, use, sell, and distribute the content.
Can I Buy My Own Merch at a Discount?
Yes! if you are logged into your account and visit your own store (click url in the merch dashboard), prices you see are automatically discounted to our at-cost price.
Example: Min price is $12 for a mug but if the mug is priced at $15 in the store. If you are logged into your account while viewing your store the cup will automatically be discounted so that it is $12, the minimum price for the mug.
Is There a Profit Threshold I Need to Hit Before Being Paid Out?
No, payouts are made on the 15th day of every month for orders fulfilled in the previous month.
Example: You have sales that were made and delivered by the end of May. You would then receive a payout from us on the 15th of June.
How Does Pricing Work and What’s The Profit Share Between Streamlabs and the Streamer?
You will have the option to set their price at the suggested minimum amount, the suggested maximum amount, or anything in between. If a streamer decides to set their retail price at the minimum amount they will make no profit. If a streamer sets their price as anything above the suggested minimum amount they will keep 100% of that profit.
For example, if the suggested minimum amount for a tee shirt is $15 and you sell it for $15 you will make no profit. If you sell that tee shirt for $25 you will make $10 profit. This does not include Paypal fees, which may be deducted from the profit.
VAT, Customs, and Other Clearance Fees
Your customers will be responsible for paying all applicable customs, taxes, clearance, and local government fees on their orders- Streamlabs has no control over these charges. VAT is charged to all orders fulfilled in Europe, with shipping destinations ending in the EU. VAT is calculated as (product cost + shipping) * Country’s VAT%. Orders going to Australia now have to have a 10% GST (goods and services tax) imposed by the Australian government. As of February 2022, a consumption tax will be added to orders fulfilled in Japan but delivered outside of Japan.
As always, if you still have further questions please submit a ticket.