Do you want to grow your live stream and build an audience? Chances are, the answer is yes. In this blog post, we'll give you six tips to improve your chat and help you connect with viewers in a more meaningful way. Keep reading to learn more!
The Importance of Stream Chat
First, why does chat matter? Yes, many people watch your stream, but chat is where you capture real authenticity.
Imagine if you were a superfan of someone. How would you feel if they acknowledged you during the live stream? Maybe you get called on stage by your favorite artist or they send you a personalized message. That type of connection only exists if you created a space where your community knows that you'll regularly engage with them.
How to Engage using Stream Chat
- Engage with your community by planning your questions in advance or by getting their thoughts on a particular topic. The better you get to know them, the more you'll know about their interests and earn their trust. What would they want to see from you? The best way to build a relationship with your viewers is to interact with them and treat them like you're already best friends with them.
- A Chatbot helps you protect your live stream (brand-friendly live streams are good for affiliate and revenue opportunities). A chatbot can help you enforce your community guidelines by moderating the chat or to provide general FAQs or links.
- If you stay on schedule consistently and let your community know when and where you're going live, this will help you grow your channel by having an already set up time that you can share and connect with your community.
- Giveaways are also super beneficial since you can offer prizes or reward your community. Who doesn't like free prizes or rewards, right?
- If someone in stream chat posed an interesting question that you want to discuss, you could highlight their comment with just a click using our chat highlight feature.
- Talk Studio is the only streaming tool with real-time alerts that recognize your community when they support you. It's a proven tactic from the live streaming world, and it makes everyone feel special. Check it out here!
Improvements Made To Stream Chat Based On Your Feedback
- Facebook usernames and avatars now show up in stream chat. Click here for details
- We added sound for private chat - never miss a chat message from other guests or hosts.
- Emoji support - your livestream chat is now even more vibrant with emojis.
- Highlighting viewer comments on stream is upgraded! Click here to learn more!
So let's recap:
- Engaging with your chat when you live stream will help you grow.
- There are multiple ways to engage with your community, from chatbots to highlighting comments on stream to alerts.
Have any ideas for what we should build next? Send us your feedback by emailing us at, tal[email protected]. We value your feedback! Happy Streaming!
The Talk Studio Team