Before you get started with any of the troubleshooting, ensure that you double-check the following:
- The bot is turned ON in the platform you are streaming on
- The bot is modded in your channel
Twitch: type /mod Streamlabs
YouTube: go to your YouTube Studio > Settings > Community and add
- The bot is showing up in your viewer list
- At least one command is working
If you stream to YouTube, your stream needs to be a public stream, otherwise the bot will not join.
- Turn the bot off, wait 2-10 minutes, and turn it back on again
- If you recently changed your name, please turn off the bot, relog, and turn the bot on again
- Unmod and remod the bot
- Ensure what you are trying to trigger is turned ON
- Log out of all Streamlabs services and follow our disconnect guide. Then log back in and try again.
If you have a custom name, also do the following:
- Ensure you have an Alert Box in every scene of your collection (or launch an Alert Box widget in a browser from Streamlabs.com, then mute the browser if you do not want an alertbox in every scene).
- Do not use your personal Twitch username as your bot username. Create a new account and link your new bot account
- Right-click your Alert Box Widget> Properties > Sources > Refresh cache of page
If you are using a browser source, right-click> Properties> scroll down to Refresh cache of page
Triggering at the same time
Timers on Cloudbot are not sequential but are parallel. Parallel timers means that if you have Timer A set for 5 minutes, and Timer B set for 5 minutes, they will both trigger simultaneously. Any timer that is set in multiples will trigger at the same time.
10, 15, 20 (multiples of 5)
- Timers for Socials and Charity would overlap at 20 minutes and continue to overlap every 20 minutes after that.
- Timers for Socials and Rules would overlap at 30 minutes and continue to overlap every 30 minutes after that.
- All the timers would overlap at the hour mark and continue to overlap every hour after that
To fix this, we may want to do a timer of 5, 7, and 11. These would overlap very infrequently
- Timers for Socials and Rules would only overlap 35 minutes into the broadcast and every 35 minutes after that.
- Timers for Socials and Charity would only overlap 55 minutes into the broadcast and every 55 minutes after that.
- Timers Rules and Charity would only overlap every 77 minutes into the broadcast and every 77 minutes after that.
If you stream to YouTube, your stream needs to be a public stream, otherwise the bot will not join and they will not trigger.
- Ensure that the timers are toggled ON
- Both time intervals and line minimums must be met to trigger the command
Please note that if you are using line minimums, Cloudbot will count only the last 5 minutes worth of chat toward meeting the line minimums.
Commands Not Working
If you stream to YouTube, your stream needs to be a public stream, otherwise the bot will not join and they will not work.
- Check a default command and/or create a !test command without any permission settings. If this does not work, please see the Unresponsive Section
- Check each command to ensure that it is ON
- Ensure you are typing in the command correctly (ex. !redeem <loyalty item>)
- Ensure that you have Cloudbot loyalty points if the command requires points (ex. !bet <points>)
- Check the cooldown for the command. You can check this by going to Commands > Settings
Variables/Parameter Not Working
Some variables/parameters are unrestricted, while others are restricted to specific sections of Cloudbot. As you can see in the Loyalty section, some commands say only
Loyalty, while others say
Custom Commands and
Loyalty. The ones that indicate
Loyalty can only be used within the default loyalty commands, while the ones that say
Custom Commands are unrestricted.
Not Receiving Loyalty Points
- Ensure that loyalty is enabled
- The payout interval may be too high. Ensure that it's set to the amount of time you wish for it to be
Example: If you only stream for 1 hour, and your payout is at 65 minutes, no one would receive points
- Ensure that your live/active users payout is not set to 0
YouTube: There is no "viewer list", therefore the bot cannot give points to "live" users, only "active" users (users who type in chat).