Suicide is a public health crisis that disproportionately impacts the military community. Let's look at the numbers:
- Veterans and service members are 53% more likely to die by suicide than civilians.
- Since 2001, more than 120,000 veterans and service members have died by suicide.
- Unless we act, military suicide will claim another 55,000+ lives by 2030.
We must do better.
Stop Soldier Suicide provides free, confidential mental health and wellness care to veterans and service members via telehealth solutions available in all 50 states. Our team of behavioural health professionals works one-on-one with our clients to reduce their suicide risk and improve their overall wellbeing.
Our services include suicide risk assessments, crisis response planning, therapy options, resource referrals and quality checks, advocacy, life coaching, and more.
We know there isn’t a one-size-fits-all solution to this problem. We tailor care to meet our client's unique needs and continue working with them for as long as it takes.
We Need Your Voice in the Fight
Starting a fundraiser on the StreamLabs charity platform raises awareness, reduces stigma, and generates mission-critical resources to help us save lives in the military community.
- $30 provides one hour of free, trauma-informed mental health and wellness care.
- $45 provides one full client session - including suicide risk assessments and long-term care coordination.
Your unique contribution to our mission helps expand access to the mental health and wellness care our veterans and service members deserve.
About Stop Soldier Suicide
We’re on a mission to reduce the military suicide rate 40% by 2030. Since our founding in 2010 by three U.S. Army combat veterans, we’ve relentlessly pursued that goal. We’ve served over 3,500 clients and saved hundreds of lives. To date, zero active clients have died by suicide, and 97% of our program graduates experience reduced and stable suicide risk.
Our vision is a nation in which veterans and service members are at no greater risk for suicide than any other American.
With help from supporters like you, we can make that vision a reality.
Stop Soldier Suicide is actively recruiting ambassadors who are streamers and content creators to help us spread awareness of our lifesaving resource. If you would like to consider joining our #StreamerSquadron, please contact our Livestream fundraising coordinator at [email protected].
• Start a charity stream for Stop Soldier Suicide and fundraise on your schedule.
• Access the official SSS streaming toolkit
• Download the Overlays into Streamlabs Desktop & grab the matching Alerts
• Add the Charity Alerts and Widgets into other Broadcasting software
• Learn more about SSS