Are you looking for some new podcast topics to discuss on your show? We've got you covered whether you’re looking for something light and fun or something more serious. From interesting, current events to evergreen topics, here are some ideas to get you started.
How to Record a Podcast?
Looking for recording software to accommodate multiple guests on screen at once, look no further than Melon. This easy-to-use software is perfect for podcasters who need to record in different settings or have multiple co-hosts on the show. It comes with unique overlay themes to create a custom branded show and multistream functionality if you want to live stream your podcast.
Another option is to use Streamlabs Desktop. This broadcasting and recording software is popular among gamers, but you can quickly adapt it for podcasting. It has an intuitive interface and built-in audio filters so you can create a professional-sounding show without any prior audio editing experience.
Podcast Episode Ideas
- Interesting Current Events: Whether you’re interested in politics, current events, or breaking news stories, there’s sure to be something that piques your interest. Popular topics include the presidential election, current happenings worldwide, and any other recent developments or shocking revelations.
- The Latest Gaming News: Gaming is close to our hearts, and if you use Streamlabs, chances are you’re a gamer too. Why not talk about the latest games that have come out or your most anticipated upcoming releases? You could even do a deep dive on your favorite game franchise or discuss the industry as a whole.
- The State of The Industry: The live streaming industry is fascinating, and there’s constantly so much happening! You could discuss the growth of live streaming, how to grow your stream, or what it takes to be successful.
- Streaming Tips and Tricks: Many new broadcasters are interested in growing their audience or improving their streams. What better way to help them than by sharing your own advice?
- Evergreen Topics: Podcasts are a great way to stay up-to-date on current events and trends in virtually any subject area. Whether you’re looking for insights on politics, business, finance, science, or anything else, there are countless podcasts available to help you keep pace with the latest developments in your industry. At the same time, one of the advantages of podcasting is that you can also find plenty of content that focuses on more evergreen topics. This means that even if current events shift and change over time, you can still count on finding useful information by tuning into popular podcasts focused on timeless ideas and concepts. Some examples of typical evergreen topics include health and wellness, education, finance, environmental issues, and technology.
- Interviews: There are so many exciting and unique professions out there, and it can be fascinating to hear about someone’s experience in a particular field. An excellent idea for a podcast episode is to interview someone in an exciting or unique profession. This could be anything from a doctor or a lawyer to a teacher or a musician. You could ask them about their day-to-day work, what they love about their job, and any funny or memorable stories they may have. This would give listeners an insight into a world they may not be familiar with, and it would be sure to make for an interesting and engaging episode.
- Deep-dive on a Particular Topic: Podcasts have become increasingly popular in recent years, and there are many topics to choose from. If you’re looking for a unique and interesting topic to explore, why not delve into the history of a particular subject? There are endless possibilities for historical podcasts, from exploring the origins of various religions to tracing the history of coffee or chocolate. You could even focus on a specific time or event, such as the American Revolution or the Civil War. Whatever topic you choose, delving into its history will provide listeners with an enlightening and enjoyable experience.
- Share Your Passion With Others: Your passion is what makes you unique. It’s what drives you and fuels your fire. And it’s also something that you can share with others through the power of podcasting. Podcasting is a great way to connect with others who share your same passions. What areas of your life hold particular interest or meaning for you? Maybe you want to create a series that examines different aspects of parenthood, such as navigating the school system or coping with early childhood development concerns. Or perhaps you want to explore issues related to self-care and health, such as how to maintain mental wellness while also caring for your family or dealing with chronic illness. Whatever topic you choose, remember that this is an opportunity to use your own voice and share your unique perspective with listeners worldwide.
- Review a Book or Movie: The benefits of reviewing books and movies in podcast form are many. It allows you to share your thoughts on something you love with an audience of listeners who might share your enthusiasm. It also presents a unique challenge, as you will need to think critically about the work in question and convey your thoughts effectively in an audio format. Whether you want to reminisce about childhood favorites or compare popular blockbusters, reviewing books and movies in podcast form can be satisfying and fascinating for both creators and listeners.
- Sports: Sports are a huge part of American culture, with millions of people tuning in to watch or listen to games every day. But there’s more to sports than just the games themselves: the sport's history, the science of training and injury prevention, and the business side of things. And that’s just scratching the surface. A good sports podcast should be about more than just who won or lost the latest game. It should give listeners a deeper understanding of the sport and why we love it.
- Business and Finance: Business and finance are broad topics encompassing economic policy and personal investing. A business and finance podcast can help listeners navigate the complex world of business and finance, whether they’re running a small business or trying to grow their wealth. Business and finance podcasts can offer listeners actionable advice on various topics, including how to start a business, raise capital, manage cash flow, and buy or sell a company. In addition, business and finance podcasts can provide insight into the latest economic trends, helping listeners make informed decisions about their businesses and finances.
- Technology: There are endless topics you can cover in a podcast, but some of the most popular ones focus on technology-related issues. For example, one could discuss the latest trends in consumer electronics, explore new software or hardware design developments, or offer insight into best practices for internet security and privacy. Another option is to comment on current tech and social media events, such as hot new gadgets for sale or emerging political issues surrounding internet freedom. Regardless of which direction you choose to go with your podcast, there is no doubt that today’s audiences have a seemingly insatiable appetite for all things tech-related.
- Gaming: The gaming industry is one of the most popular and rapidly growing industries today. With such a large and passionate fanbase, it’s no surprise that gaming podcasts are becoming increasingly popular. If you’re thinking about starting a gaming podcast, here are a few ideas to get you started. One popular topic for gaming podcasts is game reviews. Listeners love to hear about the latest releases and get expert opinions on whether they’re worth their time and money. Another popular topic is news and industry gossip. Keep your listeners up to date on the latest developments in the gaming world, from new game announcements to industry news. You could also focus on gaming culture and history. For example, you could discuss the origins of popular games or gaming trends. Alternatively, you could interview guests who are experts on specific games or topics.
- True Crime: One of the most popular genres is true crime, which often explores unsolved mysteries or examines high-profile cases. While some true crime podcasts focus on the facts of the case, others delve into the psychology of the criminals involved. Regardless of their approach, these podcasts always maintain a respectful tone towards the victims and families.
- Fitness: Whether you want to lose weight, build muscle, or stay healthy, a fitness podcast can help motivate you. These podcasts often feature celebrity trainers and athletes discussing how they maintain their health and reach their goals. They also share training tips and diet advice that anyone can follow.
- Pop Culture: Pop culture is a broad and ever-changing topic, making it an ideal focus for a podcast. There are endless stories about the rise and fall of pop icons, the dynamics of fandom, and how pop culture shapes and reflects our society. In addition, pop culture can be used as a lens to examine more significant issues like race, gender, and class. We can learn a lot about ourselves and our world by talking about the things we love (and sometimes hate).
- Science: Science is a vast and fascinating topic, making it an ideal subject for a podcast. There are many interesting stories in science, from the discoveries that shape our understanding of the universe to the people who made those discoveries. There are endless possibilities for choosing a focus for your show. You could explore the latest scientific breakthroughs, interview leading experts in their field, or discuss the implications of new research. You could also take a light-hearted approach, investigating the strangest and most inexplicable phenomena. No matter what angle you choose, a science podcast has the potential to be both informative and entertaining.
- Talk to Listeners: Podcasting is an increasingly popular medium that offers a unique opportunity to engage with listeners in a new and exciting way. If you’re a budding podcaster, spending time chatting with your listeners is a great way to get started. You could discuss the topics you’re passionate about, the latest news stories, or anything else on your mind. And who knows, you might even make some new friends along the way!
- Host a Q&A: If you want to take a step back from the mic and let your listeners take the lead, consider hosting a live Q&A. This approach enables you to answer questions from your audience in real-time, whether they be programmatic or general interest.
Recording a podcast can be a fun and fulfilling experience that keeps your viewers engaged in a unique way. If you’re stuck on what to talk about, consider these topics the next time you hit record. And don’t forget to use Melon or Streamlabs Desktop to record your audio and video!