Record your live stream automatically by selecting a record option from your main Talk Studio page. Storage will be limited per subscription:
- 15 most recent recordings will be saved for 3 days for Free users
- 15 most recent recordings will be saved for 15 days for Standard users
- 15 most recent recordings will be saved for 30 days for Pro users
- 4 hours of recording & livestreaming per month for Free users
- 4 hours per recording session for Standard users
- 10 hours per recording session for Pro users
Talk Studio offers you two (2) record options
- Record is your general stream recording option. Audio-only file available separately.
- Local Recording separate video and audio tracks per participant/guest. (not supported on mobile devices)
How to Select a Record Option
1. From your studio, press Settings. (Shift+G)
2. Under Output enable the option to Record, Local Recording, or both. We recommend toggling Record only if your computer is not as powerful.
◘ By enabling your record options, your Go Live button will be displayed as:
◘ By disabling the record options, your Go Live button will be displayed as:
◘ Another way of turning the recording on is by toggling Also record this livestream option on clicking the Go Live button:
Find Your Recordings After Livestreaming
1. Click your Account icon and then click Settings.
2. Select Broadcasts & Recordings from your menu page.
How To End Your Stream When Recording
Hosts - When choosing to record or local record, please press End Stream on your studio to ping our servers that you’re done with the show.
Guests - When your part of the stream has ended, to stop your broadcast please press Leave to ping our servers that your part of the stream is over.
Your Guest's Experience
- If Guests change video/audio settings while they're live, the recording file will stop and a new file will be created with any changes made as a separate file.
- Hosts - Since local recording does not support mobile devices, please inform your guests ahead of time if applicable.
- A new recording file will start if your guest is removed from the stream and added back.
- If you decide to local record, please ensure guests do not accept your invitation through a mobile device.
- If you decide to local record, please ask your Guests to press the Leave button when their part of the broadcast has ended. If your guests close their browser window instead of pressing Leave, we will keep their stream on air.
- If your recording is interrupted within the first 10-15 seconds of your live stream, it will not be uploaded due to server requirements. (file size less than 5Mb)
If Local Recording has been enabled, a notification will be displayed after you have ended your stream. Please keep the window open until are prompted that your local recording has been completed:
Change Where Your Downloads Are Stored
If you would like to change the location of where your recordings are downloaded on your machine, open a blank browser window and type in "chrome://settings/downloads". Then click Change from the Location field.
Is the stream recording in 1080p or 720p?
To check your resolution before you live stream, you can click the up-arrow next to your Stop Video button.