Follow these simple steps to fix your game capture source not working:
- Delete the capture source, restart Streamlabs OBS as administrator, and re-add the source.
- Right click the shortcut on your desktop and select "Run as Administrator"
- Have Streamlabs OBS installed in Program Files (default install location). Some games and Windows Store games, like Sea of Thieves, need this due to given additional permissions.
- Use: "Capture Specific Window" or "Capture foreground window with hotkey" to force the capture to the game
- Try toggling the Anti-cheat hook on or off.
- Disable 3rd party in-game overlays
- Install Visual C++ Redistributable
- Updated all drivers and software
- If that did not help, adjust in-game settings to borderless fullscreen instead of (exclusive) fullscreen if used or try a window capture then instead (while using borderless fullscreen). Some games are also impossible to capture with a game capture such as Destiny 2.
If you are having issues with using Display Capture, Window Capture, or Game Capture and you are on a laptop, please see the following information in this guide.
Founded on the belief that we want to help creators make a living do what they love, Streamlabs provides a robust suite of features to help creators better engage with their fans, grow audiences, and improve monetization. Building on this mission, Streamlabs is expanding its product with 1) Melon, our browser-based streaming studio, 2) Willow, an all-in-one bio link tool, 3) Oslo, a video review and collaboration tool, and 4) Lucra, a live streaming platform for ticketed events.