Follow these simple steps to fix your game capture source not working:
- Delete the capture source, restart Streamlabs OBS as administrator, and re-add the source.
- Right click the shortcut on your desktop and select "Run as Administrator"
- Have Streamlabs OBS installed in Program Files (default install location). Some games and Windows Store games, like Sea of Thieves, need this due to given additional permissions.
- Use: "Capture Specific Window" or "Capture foreground window with hotkey" to force the capture to the game
- Try toggling the Anti-cheat hook on or off.
- Disable 3rd party in-game overlays
- Install Visual C++ Redistributable
- Updated all drivers and software
- If that did not help, adjust in-game settings to borderless fullscreen instead of (exclusive) fullscreen if used or try a window capture then instead (while using borderless fullscreen). Some games are also impossible to capture with a game capture such as Destiny 2.
If you are having issues with using Display Capture, Window Capture, and Game Capture and you are on a laptop, please see the following information in this guide.