Multistreaming has emerged as a game changing opportunity for those who want to broadcast their live stream across multiple platforms simultaneously. In this blog, we’ll go over ways to multistream via Streamlabs Desktop and Restream.
Multistreaming with Streamlabs Desktop
Streamlabs Desktop is a comprehensive software tool designed to help live streamers enhance their broadcasts, engage with audiences, monetize their channels, and much more. It offers amazing features like customizable alerts, widgets, free overlays, and, of course, multistreaming.
While multistreaming via Streamlabs Desktop requires an Ultra subscription priced at $19 per month, this one subscription gives you access to everything you need to make professional content, from the recording and streaming stage to the editing and uploading step of your creative process. Not to mention, Streamlabs tools are seamlessly integrated to get you from one step to the next.
Using Restream with Streamlabs Desktop
Restream is a service that allows streaming to 30+ platforms, including Twitch, YouTube, Mixer, and more. This software allows you to multistream up to two destinations for free or up to eight with paid subscriptions ranging from $16-$83 per month for personal plans.
Here are the steps on how to set up Restream and Streamlabs Desktop:
- Download and launch Streamlabs Desktop.
- Once you’ve launched Desktop, click on the wheel towards the bottom left side of your screen to open Settings.
- In the Settings menu, go to Stream and select Stream to custom ingest.
- Ensure that the Stream Type is selected as Streaming Services.
- Use the Service drop-down to select Restream.io.
- Next, log into Restream on your web browser.
- From the Restream homepage, select Connect to and copy your Stream Key.
- Head back to Streamlabs Desktop and paste the Restream stream key. Click Done to save your changes.
- Now, it’s time to go live via Restream with Streamlabs Desktop!
The integration of Restream with Streamlabs Desktop offers streamers an efficient way to broaden their live stream across multiple platforms. Happy streaming and connecting with your audience!