Are you ready to take your merch game to the next level? If so, embroidery is a fantastic way to add a personal touch to your designs and make them stand out from the crowd. With Streamlabs Merch, creating custom embroidered items has never been easier! But before you dive in, it's important to know how to prepare your images to ensure the best results. In this guide, we'll show you how to unleash your creativity and create unique embroidered merch that your fans will love.
Creating Your Image
When it comes to embroidery, sometimes less is more! Simple, clean designs tend to translate best into embroidered items. Keep this in mind when creating your image for embroidery. To ensure the best results, follow these key rules:
- Stick to solid colored images
- Use 4 colors or less
- Ensure the image does not exceed 2000 px x 2000 px, 12 MB in file size, and is 150-300 DPI for best results
Print File Sizing
*Note: Only applicable to select items. Please check the customization options for a specific item before designing.
Color matching is essential to ensure that the editor can choose the correct colors. We have listed all of the thread colors we have available and their respective codes to help you design your items:
How to Create Your Embroidered Item
- Choose the product that you’d like to embroider.
Pro-Tip: When you’re on the Streamlabs Merch Dashboard, you can select the Embroidery category to receive a list of items that qualify for embroidery.
- Once you’ve selected the product, make sure you change the technique from Print to Embroidery.
- Upload your image or select a preloaded image from your image gallery.
- Select the colors you would like the items to be under General > Product Colors.
- Next, select each thread color under Embroidery. Please keep in mind that you have the option to use up to four thread colors.
- Once you’ve finished customizing your item, including the placement of the image and the colors, select Next.
- Here, you can name your item, set pricing and even an expiration date if you choose to make the item available for a limited time only. Be sure of the copyright terms, confirming that all images used are original works. Once everything is set, click Next.
- You're done! If you have followed the guidelines, your product should turn out wonderfully.
If you prefer to see the process in action, you can check on this short video. Also, if you need help creating an original design for your merch, check out these tips for designing merch using Streamlabs logo maker.
Common Problems & Solutions
Text and Lines That Are Too Small/Thin
To ensure your embroidered text is legible and your design is visually appealing, use bold, easy-to-read fonts and make sure your text is at least 0.25" (0.635 cm) tall with a minimum thickness of 0.05" (0.127 cm). For best results, use lines that are also at least 0.05" (0.127 cm) thick to ensure a satin stitch is used instead of a run stitch.
Distressed, Textured, Gradients
Intricate graphics and blended colors may not translate as well as simple, solid designs. To ensure the best results, stick with solid colors and images that will maintain their clarity and pop on your embroidered merch.
Please ensure that you choose a graphic with a transparent background (a transparent/opaque image will not embroider well). If you have a solid background, it will stitch the color that you choose for the background.
Negative space within a design can cause issues during the embroidery process. To prevent problems, make sure to fill in any negative space with color before submitting your design for embroidery.
Disclaimer: Streamlabs respects your work and empowers you to express your voice and ideas. We ask that you respect the work and creative rights of others. You need to either own the Content you sell in your merch shop, or have the express authority to use it. Content must comply with right of publicity, trademark and copyright laws, and all other applicable national, state, and federal laws.