With over 80 million monthly active users in the US alone, TikTok has quickly soared to the top as the go-to destination for short-form video content. However, in true social media/entertainment platform fashion, TikTok has been competing with other platforms like YouTube, namely in the realm of long-form video. From engaging storytimes to posting longer snippets of long-form content from other platforms, people are becoming more open to watching lengthy videos on TikTok, and creators are willing to deliver. Keep reading to learn everything you need to know about posting and recording 10-minute-long videos on TikTok.
Why Can’t I Make 10-Minute Videos on TikTok?
As with many new features on TikTok, the ability to post 10-minute videos isn’t fully available to all users yet. According to TikTok (and some experts), the best way to gain access to 10-minute video recording abilities is by being patient, continuing to create content on the app, and making sure you’re using the latest version. Your time will come
How to Upload 10-Minute Video on TikTok
1. Now, it’s time for the moment of truth. Follow the below steps to determine if you can post 10-minute-long TikToks and share this longer form of content with your audience.
2. Start by double-checking that your TikTok app is updated to the latest version. You can check this by going to the app store for your smartphone.
3. Next, open the TikTok app to your profile page.
4. Once you’re on your profile page, click the plus sign (+) towards the bottom center of your screen.
5. Once you press the plus sign, you should see a screen prompting you to record in the app or upload content from your device. You should see video lengths on this same screen above the red record button. If you can upload or record a 10-minute-long TikTok, you’ll see 10m to the far left.
6. To record a 10-minute long TikTok, select 10m. If you prefer to upload a video instead, select upload, then choose a saved video from your device.
7. From there, record and upload a TikTok as you usually would. That’s it! You’ve created your first 10-minute-long TikTok.
With the ability to upload and record 10-minute-long videos, TikTok creators now have more flexibility to get creative with the content they produce and share. Also, viewers have a wider variety of content to enjoy. As TikTok continues to evolve and expand, it will be exciting to see how the content available on the platform shifts.