The latest Streamlabs OBS update is live, and it’s changing the way live streamers create content.
The latest update introduced a variety of new features, but before we get into what is new, there is vital information you need to know before going live.
Before you go live:
This update contains an update of the NVENC encoder causing some users to experience issues when they go live. This issue is caused by out of date video drivers. To fix this, please do the following:
- Make sure you download and use the latest version of Streamlabs OBS.
- If you are using an NVENC encoder, update and/or perform a clean re-installation of the latest Nvidia GeForce GPU driver.
For more information on how to install the latest drivers, please click here.
- Selective Recording: A revolutionary new feature exclusive to Streamlabs that allows you to pick and choose the sources that appear in a recording of your live stream.
- Streamlabs OBS Redesign: We’ve combined the Editor and Live tabs into a single tab with all of the same functionality.
- Dynamic bitrate: Automatically adjusts your bitrate based on network conditions to prevent dropping frames.
- Dashboard: Added a button to open up the Streamlabs dashboard in a web browser.
- Timers: Added a timer to track the amount of time you’ve been recording.
- Search: Added search functionality to the settings window to quickly locate and adjust settings in Streamlabs OBS.
The team here at Streamlabs is committed to moving the live streaming industry forward. Features like Selective Recording are changing the game for content creators that post VODs on YouTube and social media. As we continue to innovate, we hope new features like this help you become the best content creator and live streamer you can be.
Remember, Streamlabs OBS has, is, and always will be free. You can download Streamlabs OBS here.
Introducing Browser Source Interaction For Streamlabs OBS
Today, we are excited to incorporate browser source interaction to Streamlabs OBS. Now you can click, scroll, type and interact with a…
August 27, 2019Ethan May
How to use multi-track recording in Streamlabs OBS
Record multiple audio tracks for microphones, desktop audio and more
September 10, 2019Ethan May