If you have any questions or comments after reading, please let us know. Remember to follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. We also have a Discord Server where you can reach out for support at any time.
Giveaways allow you to send prizes to your viewers, this can be anything from custom merchandise from your merch store, or special rewards you can gift to your viewers like V-bucks or Steam games.
How do I create a Giveaway?
Create a giveaway by clicking on Add Giveaway. This will open a dropdown menu with two choices: Merch and Custom. To create a Merch giveaway, you will need to have items in your Merch store first.
In this example, we’ll create a custom giveaway and go over the settings:
- Name: Contains the name of your giveaway profile, this is a unique name that can only be used once. If you would like the giveaway to automatically close you can enable the Timer and set up the Duration.
- Permission: Customize and adjust who can and who cannot enter the giveaway.
Under Advanced there are a few more settings that allow you to customize the giveaway a bit more. Let’s go over these as well:
- Must be a follower to win: Once checked will prevent viewers that are not following from winning, however they can still enter.
- Ticket Cost: Used to assign a loyalty cost to entries if you are using our loyalty system.
- Maximum Tickets Per User: Allows you to increase how many tickets your viewers can acquire.
- Luck: Used to give some extra tickets upon entering.
- Subscriber Bonus Tickets: Add extra tickets to subscribers once they enter.
- Non-subscriber Bonus Tickets: For viewers that are not subscribed to your channel.
Once you’re done click Add and your profile is ready to be used.
How to start a Giveaway
When you’re ready to start a giveaway, simply click Start Giveaway on any of your profiles. You will be presented with the following overview:
On the left, you will see all the viewers who have entered and how many tickets they've acquired. When the giveaway is closed you will be able to click on Pick Winner.
When a winner is picked their messages will appear in the window below, so whenever your chat is really active you will still be able to catch the winner’s messages and see if they’re active or not and re-roll if necessary.
With Custom giveaways you are able to pick 10 winners per giveaway. When it comes to Merch giveaways there can only be 1 winner.
Clicking on Giveaway Settings
will open the following modal:
This is where you can adjust the default command, entry response and various other messages to your liking. We even have a giveaway reminder built-in under Repeat Giveaway that performs the same way as Polls & Betting---that way your viewers are aware of it.
Download Streamlabs Desktop to view our collection of themes and alerts.