When it comes to making money on Twitch, there are many ways to go about it. One way is by collecting Twitch’s virtual currency, better known as Bits. Twitch Bits can be purchased by viewers and used to cheer in their favorite streamer’s chat, unlock special features such as special emotes, and generally engage with creators in a fun way. When a viewer cheers with Bits, animated emotes and sound effects are triggered in the chat, which can create an interactive experience for everyone involved. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at how much Twitch Bits are worth, how they work, and everything else you need to know.
What are Twitch Bits Worth, and How do you Buy Them?
To purchase bits, a Twitch user must be logged in with a qualified form of payment attached to their account. Currently accepted forms of payment include major credit cards, Amazon Payments, PayPal, and a wide variety of global payment methods.
Below are the prices of bits when purchased on Twitch via Desktop.
- 100 Bits for $1.40
- 500 Bits for $7.00
- 1,500 Bits for $19.95
- 5,000 Bits for $64.40
- 10,000 Bits for $126.00
- 25,000 Bits for $308.00
Purchasing Bits via the mobile app is more expensive (likely to cover any associated app store fees). However, you can get desktop prices by visiting Twitch.tv from your mobile browser. Below are the Bits prices when purchased via the Twitch Mobile app.
- 95 Bits for $1.99
- 245 Bits for $4.99
- 510 Bits for $9.99
- 1,050 Bits for $19.99
- 2,750 Bit for $49.99
- 5,550 Bits for $99.99
- 11,500 Bits for $199.99
It’s worth noting that for every 100 bits purchased, 40 cents goes to Twitch, while $1 goes to creators.
Do Streamers Earn Money from Twitch Bits?
Yes. Twitch pays streamers $0.01 for each bit they receive. For example, a creator receiving 100 bits translates to $1. However, the revenue share may vary in some special cases, such as charity streams. If you receive bits through a channel extension, Twitch pays you 80% of that $0.01, while the remaining 20% goes to the extension developer. At the time of writing this blog, only Twitch Affiliates and Partners can earn revenue from Twitch Bits.
Should You Buy Twitch Bits?
If you’re looking for a meaningful way to support your favorite creators, yes. You should buy Twitch Bits and cheer on your favorite streamers. Live streaming requires a lot of time and energy to keep people entertained. Monetarily supporting your favorite creators via Twitch Bits keeps them (and the show) going. Another way to support your favorite streamers or monetize your own content is by using Streamlabs Tipping. Not only is setting up a tip page with Streamlabs completely free, but Streamlabs also doesn’t take any cut off the money, and creators receive the full amount minus standard processing fees.
If you have more questions about Twitch Bits or supporting your favorite streamers, be sure to chat with us on Discord.