In this short introduction, you will learn how to translate your subtitles online. You only need an internet connection and your video with the spoken text to translate your subtitles.
Upload your video
After logging in, you will see the Streamlabs Podcast Editor project overview. To upload a new video, click on the card marked with a plus sign in the upper left corner.
On the left side, you now have the auto-generated transcript. If there are any spelling mistakes, you can quickly correct the transcript.
On the right side, you can resize your video or add text to your video.
Translate your subtitles
To translate your subtitles, follow these easy steps:
- Click on the "quick actions" button in the left menu bar.
- Click the translation toggle.
- Select one of the over 30 languages you want to translate from the dropdown.
- Hit the "Translate" button.
The transcript and the subtitles will now be translated automatically. If needed, you can now make further corrections to the translated transcript.
Style your subtitles
After translating the subtitles, you may want to add some style, give them the look of your brand and move them to a different position.
Choose the font :
- Lobster and Courier are very playful and shouldn't be used in serious contexts.
- Open Sans, Epilogue, Roboto, and Montserrat are perfect for casual use cases.
- Libre Baskerville and Playfair Display are for more serious purposes.
- Bangers is perfect for your subtitles pop.
Choose the perfect color:
- Black / White: Neutral and professional.
- Red: Attracts a lot of attention and could have a warning effect
- Yellow: Yellow appears bright, cheerful, friendly, optimistic, and open.
- Blue: It is said to have an emotionally balancing, calming, and moderating effect. Blue also looks sporty, technical, and dynamic.
- Orange: Stands for light and warmth and security.
- Green: Stands for nature, health, satisfaction, happiness, and hope.
Custom text color
Along with the available color presets you can also select custom colors for the text and background. For example, if you would like to add text of a custom style to match your branding.
Quick instructions on how to add custom text to your video:
- Move the circle to change the saturation.
- Pick the color you want.
- Here is where you would add any custom color codes. Hit the arrows to toggle the input mode.
- Preset colors provided by the browser
After adding the text to your video, you can now hit the export button in the top right corner and get your video on your sharing page, where you can download your video.