SAN FRANCISCO, March 31, 2020 — Today, Streamlabs, a leading provider of live streaming tools and brand of Logitech, is announcing the availability and open beta of its all-in-one streaming and recording software, Streamlabs Desktop, on macOS. Live streamers on Mac can now access dozens of features and deep customization tools to create professional broadcasts, engage with their audiences and monetize across platforms like Twitch, YouTube, Mixer, and Facebook.
A concerted effort was made to build a powerful streaming software for Mac that combines a user-friendly interface with innovative features. Live streamers getting started can utilize Streamlabs’ Auto Optimizer to analyze their internet speed and computer hardware to get the best settings possible. What’s more, the import settings function in Streamlabs Desktop allows live streamers to transfer settings from other broadcasting software in less than a minute.
“Our goal is to bring the best live streaming tools to everyone,” said Ali Moiz, General Manager of Streamlabs. “Creating tools for the growing community of live streamers, musicians, artists and teachers on Mac enables us to help them succeed while building out our product offerings on an even larger scale.”
Live streamers familiar with Streamlabs’ products can expect to see everything they need to help turn their passion for streaming into a career. Major features include:
- Custom Donation Alerts: Tailor-make the look of on-screen alerts and encourage donations by customizing the layout, animation, message, text, image and more
- Engaging Widgets: Over a dozen engaging widgets designed to increase viewer participation and improve monetization
- Video Encoding Optimization: A machine learning system encodes video games, giving streamers the ability to reduce CPU usage by more than 20% while retaining the same video quality
- Selective Recording: Pick and choose the sources that appear in a recorded video of your live broadcast
- Cloudbot Moderation Tools: Protect from spam in the chat or add entertaining features like mini-games, polls, loyalty points and more
- Premium Overlay Themes: Over 250 free overlay themes made from the best designers in the business
- Integrated Chat: An integrated chat window within the software to help streamers keep track of all the viewer chatter on their channel
- Merch Store: Streamlabs merch store feature gives live streamers the ability to customize an assortment of different products with their own logos and sell them on stream at no cost to them.
More than 20,000,000 streamers already trust Streamlabs to deliver reliable, well designed and feature-rich software. With the availability of its broadcasting software on Mac, Streamlabs is driving the growth of the creator economy as millions of live streamers on either operating system now have access to the industry-leading broadcasting software.
“By introducing a Mac client into the mix, Streamlabs is bringing its user-friendly software to an entirely new audience, and in doing so, will usher in a wider variety of content to the streaming ecosystem,” said musician and Twitch streamer, Dan Lambton.
Founded in 2014, Streamlabs is a leading application for professional streamers. Its groundbreaking software, Streamlabs Desktop, offers dozens of features that professional live streamers use to broadcast, better engage with their fans, grow audiences, and improve monetization. With one of the fastest set-up processes on the market, Streamlabs Desktop broadcasting software combines features including video preview, chat, and alerts, into one seamless dashboard all while integrating better video quality and lower CPU usage.
Streamlabs is a brand of Logitech International. Founded in 1981, and headquartered in Lausanne, Switzerland, Logitech International is a Swiss public company listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange (LOGN) and on the Nasdaq Global Select Market (LOGI). For more information on Streamlabs please visit https.streamlabs.com or follow Streamlabs on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Discord.