Update: 3/15/2022: We are proud to say that we have now deployed the full $100,000 grant to charities helping people in Ukraine. We continue to be inspired by the passion in the streaming community and hope to create similar grants in the future.
Streamlabs is matching $100,000 in donations to charity streams that are fundraising in support of humanitarian relief efforts in Ukraine. We wanted to take a moment to share details about how this works.
In short, there are five steps:
- Choose a charity
- Set a fundraising goal
- Start a charity stream
- Hit your fundraising goal
- We’ll match the amount you raised (until we run out of money).
It’s all pretty straightforward, but let’s take a moment to walk through the details of each step.
Step 1: Choose a Charity
To begin, do a little research on any of the amazing nonprofit organizations that are featured on our landing page for Ukraine. At the time of writing this, there are five (we’ll update this article as more join):
- Project Hope is responding to the crisis in Ukraine by providing desperately needed medicine, medical supplies & aid.
- Save the Children supports humanitarian programs aiming to reach 3.5 million children and their families with immediate aid and recovery such as, food, water, hygiene kits and dignity kids, psychosocial support, safe spaces and cash assistance.
- Direct Relief is working directly with Ukraine’s Ministry of Health and other on-the-ground partners to provide hundreds of emergency medical backpacks along with critical care medicines, sutures, Combat Application Tourniquets, oxygen concentrators, antibiotics, and much more.
- American Red Cross has distributed more than 30,000 food and hygiene parcels and is currently assisting with the evacuation of people with disabilities.
- Operation USA is mobilizing to provide material aid support to groups providing on-the-ground support to refugees in Poland and nearby countries.
All of these charities are verified 501(c)(3) organizations, rated 3-stars or higher on Charity Navigator, and would be a high-impact choice for your fundraising efforts.
Step 2: Set a Fundraising Goal
When you’re ready, take a second to think about how much you could raise with your community. You’ll be able to set your donation goal when you create a campaign on StreamlabsCharity.com.
Step 3: Start a Charity Stream
Head to StreamlabsCharity.com and click on the Fundraise button for any of the nonprofit organizations above. We recommend fundraising through the charity’s dedicated event page to make sure the funds are allocated to the right cause.
Step 4: Hit Your Fundraising Goal
This is where you and your community get to shine. You know how to talk to your viewers better than anyone, and we provide a ton of tools to make fundraising easy. If you haven’t been to Streamlabs Charity in awhile, be sure and check out some features we released recently:
- Giveaways are an automated way to let your donors enter a raffle (just by making a donation).
- Rewards are a great way to encourage your viewers to donate to your campaigns. They’re digital or physical goods that the donor will receive for their donation.
- Milestones are fundraising goals you can hit with your community. Use them to build excitement and celebrate your progress.
- Teams are a great way to combine forces with other streamers in your network for the most impact during your campaign.
You can also download and install our free Ukraine fundraising Overlays and Alert packages for use during your charity stream.
Themed overlays and alerts are available in the Streamlabs Theme library.
Step 5: We’ll Match the Amount You Raised
The Streamlabs team will be notified automatically whenever a charity stream hits its donation goal, and when that happens we’ll drop by your stream to make a matching donation. We plan to make matching donations in real-time, but at most it may take up to 12 hours.
It’s been truly inspiring to see the streaming community spring into action over the last week. The entire Streamlabs staff is humbled by the impact you’re having, and we’re proud to be a part of it in some small way.
- Start a charity stream for Ukraine
- Get the overlays
- Get the alerts