Today, Streamlabs is announcing significant changes to improve site-wide accessibility for those with disabilities. In collaboration with Equal Web, we’ve made improvements to meet the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. Changes include improved keyboard navigation, screen reader support, and much more. Keep reading below for a detailed list of the many significant improvements made to the website.
We’re committed to ensuring that everyone can use our site. These changes will help make our platform more accessible, and we’re excited to see the impact they have. If you experience any difficulties with the new changes, contact us on Twitter or submit a support ticket directly.
The following is an overview of some of the most significant improvements to the website that we’ve made. To access the accessibility menu, press “Tab” and hit enter to open the accessibility menu.
- Screen Reader: Makes the site compatible for screen reader users.
- Keyboard Navigation: Enables users to navigate by keyboard without using the mouse.
- Smart Navigation: Enables users to navigate the site by numeric keys.
- Blinks Blocking: Stops blinking and flashing of moving elements.
- Text Reader: Reads the site’s text out loud in supported browsers.
- Voice Commands: Execute commands with a microphone in supported browsers.
- Color Adjustment: Changes site color for backgrounds, headings, and content.
- Monochrome: Converts colors to black and white.
- Dark High-contrast: Changes the site’s background to black with bright fonts.
- Bright High-contrast: Changes the site’s background to white with dark fonts.
- Low Saturation: Decreases the intensity of colors for less emphasized content.
- High Saturation: Increases the intensity of colors for emphasized content.
- Contrast Mode: Changes the site’s colors to contract colors.
- Font Sizing: Increases and decreases the font size, line spacing, or word spacing.
- Cursor: Enlarges the cursor and changes its color
- Magnifier: Zooms the screen display
- Readable Font: Converts the site’s fonts to “sans-serif and readable ones.
- Image Descriptions: Displays images description in a floating window.
- Highlight Links: Highlights the site links.
- Highlight Headers: Highlights the headers of the site
- Readable Mode: Displays the site’s contents in a new window clearly and legible.
- Text Magnifier: Increase the content chosen by the cursor, shows in a tooltip.
- Read Focus: Light up a selected paragraph by hovering with the mouse across the page.
- Reading Guide: Create a virtual bar that follows the cursor to improve readers’ focus.
- Dictionary: Describes words by mouse selection.
- Virtual Keyboard: Enables users to type contents using the mouse.
Streaming has always been about inclusion. Whether it’s how we play or who we play with, Streamlabs is excited to build products that help streamers and gamers all around the world to broadcast their content and interact with their community.
If you have any questions or comments, please let us know. Remember to follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
Don’t forget to download Streamlabs Desktop.
Founded on the belief that we want to help creators make a living doing what they love, Streamlabs provides a robust suite of features to help creators better engage with their fans, grow audiences, and improve monetization. Building on this mission, Streamlabs is expanding its product with 1) Melon, our browser-based streaming studio, 2) Willow, an all-in-one bio link tool, 3) Oslo, a video review and collaboration tool. And 4) Cross Clip, the easiest way to convert Twitch clips to videos for TikTok, Instagram Reels, and YouTube Shorts.