The Digital Millennium Copyright Act prohibits anyone from sharing copywritten material, including music, without permission. It’s no secret that doing this on a live stream can get you in trouble. You may be subject to a takedown notice from music rights holders, your VOD’s will likely be muted, and at the very worst, multiple violations may lead to a permanent suspension of your account without notice.
Streaming DMCA-safe music is important. Without those rights, streamers put their livelihoods at risk. Creators should be able to monetize their channel and videos without fear that they will be demonetized or taken down. We believe in helping all creators turn their passion into a business, including the musicians, artists, singers, and songwriters creating music for you to listen to. That is why we’ve partnered with Monstercat and Pretzel, two companies providing solutions for you to stream DMCA-safe music while supporting the musicians that create it.
The Monstercat Music Player provides a seamless way to stream thousands of electronic songs and a license to safely use them in your independent creative content. The Monstercat Music Player on Streamlabs comes with Monstercat Gold, which allows any independent creator across YouTube, Twitch, and Mixer to unlock their catalog for monetized use, while also directly supporting their artists through the Gold subscription.
- User-generated and Monstercat-curated playlists
- Optional chat bot and overlay to show the currently playing !song
- Multi-genre filtering
- A handy search function enabling searches by Title, Artist, Album, etc.
The Pretzel Music Player gives live streamers access to over 300,000 stream-safe tracks. Download in the Streamlabs Desktop App Store and your subscription automatically comes with Pretzel Premium with money from your subscription going directly to the artist.
- Curated Mood and Genre Stations
- Filter music by explicit or if has vocals
- Use YouTube Safe to make sure the music is safe for YouTube
- Accept bits for Song Requests that respect your filters (Twitch only)
- Don’t like a song, give it a thumbs down it and it will never play again
- Like a song? Thumbs it up then check out your own Liked Station
Don’t get DMCA’d. Playing copywritten music without permission does more harm than good and limits your ability to monetize your content.
For more information about Twitch rules for playing music, please read Twitch’s community guidelines. If you have any questions or comments, please let us know. Remember to follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.